KanchanJunga Base Camp Trek takes us to the land of spectacular views of the Jannu Himalayas range from the Mirgin La. To Visit serene villages on the boarders of Sikkim and Tibet are the stunning landscape of the trek. Kanchenjunga, “Treasure of Snow” (28,198ft). Kanchanjungha was first climbed by a British team in 1956 AD. Here you can advent awe inspiring Himalayan Trekking, and reap the rewards!
We are sure that this high altitude off the beaten Himalayan trek will leave an impact on you forever. Kanchenjunga, although a limited trekking area as per the Nepal Government permit policy, one of the most remote trekking regions which is situated in Eastern Nepal bordering the Indian state of Sikkim. This area houses Snow Leopard, National bird of Nepal, Musk Deer, Blue Sheep and maybe legendary Yeti. This is less travelled remote area comparing the popular Everest and Annapurna Trekking regions of Nepal. KanchanJunga Base Camp Trek adventure starts with a pleasant drive to Basantapur.
From here on you will feel in the different world away from the human civilization, walking on a route along a ridge towards the Tamur River, enjoying panoramic views of Makalu (27,825ft) and Chhamlang (24,000ft) peaks. After walking through the forests and rhododendron thickets the Kanchenjunga range dramatically reveals itself. The route continues up the Tamur River through Limbu Villages (where a pot of Tongba can be tasted) to the terraced mountainside village of Amjilassa and the legendary Sherpa village of Ghunsa (11,400ft). The lovely monastery in Ghunsa makes interesting visit before the first glimpse of a massive unclimbed peaks including Jannu (25,289ft), known as “Mystery Peak” or “Terror Peak”, the trail goes on to the edge of the Kanchenjunga Glacier and, after crossing the lateral moraine you will come to the junction of Lhonak Glacier (15,680ft) and the valley beyond it. The campsite at Lhonak can be reached by crossing this junction, an undisturbed stunning landscape.
After a couple of days of rest and exploration at Lhonak, including a day trip to Pangpema (16,900ft) to admire the north face of Kangchenjunga, you will continue back the same way home. There is an option however, if the team is interested, to cross two passes, the Lapsang La (16,760ft) and Sinion/Mirgin La (15,300ft) depending on the conditions. On the last day of your trek you will walk back to Suketar to catch a flight to Biratnagar and a connecting flight from there to Kathmandu.
We are sure that this high altitude off the beaten Himalayan trek will leave an impact on you forever. Kanchenjunga, although a limited trekking area as per the Nepal Government permit policy, one of the most remote trekking regions which is situated in Eastern Nepal bordering the Indian state of Sikkim. This area houses Snow Leopard, National bird of Nepal, Musk Deer, Blue Sheep and maybe legendary Yeti. This is less traveled remote area comparing the popular Everest and Annapurna Trekking regions of Nepal. Kanchanjungha adventure starts with a pleasant drive to Basantapur.
KanchanJunga Base Camp Trek Includes:
- International and Departure Transfers
- Pre and Post Trek Deluxe Star Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and in Biratnagar
- Domestic Airport transfers
- Private transportation to Basantapur
- Domestic Flight to Taplejung
- Half Day Guided Cultural Sightseeing
- Comprehensive Trekking Map
- Authentic Nepali Welcome Dinner
- All the accommodation and full board meals and hot beverages on the trek
- Eco Conscious Camping accommodation with crews, chef, toilet tent, shower tent, kitchen tents, dining, kitchen utensils.
- Kanchanjunga Conservation Area Project Permit
- Our Extensive Knowledgeable Licensed Guides and porter services with porter gears
- Field Staff Insurances
- Private Transportation to/from Trekking put in Point
- Domestic Airport Taxes
- Dawn Jackets, sleeping bag, walking poles, duffel bag, facilities
- Extensive First Aid medical kit
- Quick Rescue supporting services in case of Emergency
- Extra snacks services
- Satellite phone/Communication services in case of Emergency
- Applicable government Taxes
- KanchanJunga Base Camp Trek Excludes:
- All the personal expenses like Alcoholic beverages, Bottled drinks etc.
- Medical and Travel Insurances
- International Airfare and taxes
- Visa Fees
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue charges
- Main Meals in Kathmandu
Nepal Trekking offers the best way of experiencing country and its people ‘warts and all’. However it can be very handy if you have brief knowledge about where you are going for a trek. Hence our team has summed up with some very useful information about Nepal Trekking.
Read more: Nepal Trekking Information