Hardware : For all Treks
* Water Bottle 1 litre min
* Wrap around
* Bag Liners, Stuff and Rubbish Bags;
* Sewing Kit
* Toiletries. Bio-degradable;
* Tissues, plenty! The toilet paper provided isn’t suitable or easily replaced on trek
* Towel. Light weight or pack towel
* Penknife, Swiss Army style
* Batteries. Longlife Even these have a shorter life at Altitude.
* Disposable Lighter
* Personal First Aid Kit.
See staying Healthy and Happy.
* Thermarest : Luxury!
* Camera : Crazy not to!
* Diary : To record a once-in –a-lifetime experience
* Games / Books for Evenings
* Umbrella : Great sunshade and for privacy at toilet stops
General : For Trekking in September, October, March, April and May
* Walking Boots : Lightweight, waterproof, with plenty of toe room, well worn in;
* Socks : 3 pairs each thick/thin to be worn in combination-boots should be big enough!
* Running / Tennis shoes / Sandals : For evenings and and to relief the feet
* Waterproofs : Thigh length jacket with a hood. (If you don’t want to use provided poncho)
* Pants :Lightweight, loose, long, trouser, short or skirt. Jeans are unsuitable.
* Jackets : Pile/Fleece,and/or SWEATER. Lightweight, Duvet Jackets are provided on request
* Trackpants : For evenings and colder days;
* T-shirts : 2 OR 3
* Shirt : Lightweight, long sleeved, with collar, to protect sensitive areas from the Sun;
* Hats : 1 wool/pile “beanie” with ear flaps. 1 peaked sun hat , “Legionnaire” style;
* Gloves :Wool /pile
* Scarf : Wool /pile;
* Underwear : As required
* Swimsuit : Essential for outdoor bathing.
* Snow Gaitars : To keep pants and Boots dry
Trek into the Annapurna Base Camp in March to May specially.
Winter : For Trekking in November, December, Janaury and February
Walkingboots, Running / Tennis Shoes / Sandals, T-shirts, Pants, Jacket, Shirt, Hats, Scarf, Underwear, and Swimsuit, as for General Treks,
But add / adjust as follows:
* Socks : 4 pairs or both thick and thin,and an extra pair for bed socks;
* Waterproof : Over pants with side zips,to fit over boots;
* Woollen Sweater : 1 heavy weight or, preferably,2 lightweight
* Trackpants : 2-Preferably, 1 heavy track pants and 1 wool/pile trousers;
* Gloves : Wool, /pile,silk or thermal glove liners;
* Thermal Underwear : Long medium/heavyweight tops and trousers;
* Snow Gaitars : To keep pants and boots dry