Located on the isolated corner of Trans Himalayan Zone Dolpo is a virgin and divine land in Mid-Western Nepal. Shey – Phoksundo National Park (3555 sq. km) in the core of Dolpo Region is famous for snow leopard. A great Naturalist Rodney Jackson conducted his research on snow leopards in Shey Phoksundo area. Also the famous feature film Caravan highlights the struggle for existence by the local residents in a place like Dolpo. The Dolpo is famous for deepest Lake Phoksundo in entire Himalayan Region. Mother Nature created a unique and wonderful treasurer like Dolpo, which is being the shelter of many rare alpine living beings. In spite of tough trails and rugged topography journey to Dolpo Region is a life time experience. Tourists rarely visit Dolpo Region and the trekking route is very narrow and steep at places, so good hiking experience is essential for this trek. During Lower Dolpo Trek, the altitude ranges from 2500m to 5070m (8200 ft to 16629 ft).
The Dolpo Trek Cost Includes:
- All the International Arrival and Departure Transfers
- Pre and Post Trek 4 Star Hotel Accommodation and best available in Nepalgunj
- Domestic Airport Transfers
- Domestic Flight to – Nepalgunj – Jumla / Jumla – Nepalgunj
- Excitingly Stunning Everest Mountain Flight
- Half Day Guided Cultural Sightseeing
- Comprehensive Trekking Map
- Authentic Nepali Welcome Dinner
- All the accommodation and full board meals and hot beverages on the trek
- Eco Conscious cosy Camping accommodation with crews, chef, toilet tent, shower tent, kitchen tents, dining and kitchen utensils.
- Upper Dolpo Special Trekking Permit
- Our Extensive Knowledgeable Licensed Guides and porter services with porter gears
- Field Staff Insurances
- Private Transportation to/from the Trail Head
- Domestic Airport Taxes
- Down Jackets, sleeping bag, walking poles, duffel bag, loan facilities
- Extensive First Aid medical kit
- Quick Rescue supporting services in case of Emergency
- Extra snacks services
- Satellite phone / Communication services in case of Emergency
- Applicable government Taxes
- Himalayan Eco Trek Team Management
The Dolpo Trek Cost Excludes:
- All the personal expenses like Alcoholic beverages, Bottled drinks while on Trek, Rafting and Jungle Safari.
- Medical and Travel Insurances
- International Airfare and taxes
- Visa Fees
- Gratuities / Tips
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue charges
- Main Meals in and in Pokhara
Arrival in Kathmandu
Half Day World Heritage Cultural Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Full Day World Heritage Sightseeing in Patan and Bhaktapur
Flight to Nepalgunj
Dunai to Hanke check post (2660m).
Hanke check post to Reji.
Reji to Phoksundo Lake (650m deep)
Phoksundo Lake to Baga La (5070m).
Baga La to Numla Pass Base Camp
Numla Pass Base Camp to Kakar Gomba (Tarap).
Dho to Big Cave (3900m).
Big Cave to Lahini (3200m).
Lahini to Tarakot (2500m).
Fly out to Nepalgunj from Juphal.
Everest Mountain Flight / Leisure in Kathmandu.
Nepal Trekking offers the best way of experiencing country and its people ‘warts and all’. However it can be very handy if you have brief knowledge about where you are going for a trek. Hence our team has summed up with some very useful information about Nepal Trekking.