Changu Narayan Tour explores the Changu Narayan, the oldest temple of Kathmandu valley is located 6km north of Bhaktapur at hill top. The temple is full of magnificent art work in metal and wood. This temple came in existence during the reign of the Lichhavi King Manadev dating back to 464 AD. The Changu Narayan temple is a double-roofed temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu in his incarnation as Narayan. The temple is decorated with ten incarnations of the Narayan. Stone lions guard all the four doors of the temple.
Garuda, half-man and half-bird is the vehicle of the Vishnu. A life size stone statue of Garuda kneels in front of the west face of the temple. There is an inscription stone behind the statue. The inscription provides important information on the Licahhavi dynasty and on the history of Kathmandu valley. In front of the temple’s main entrance, there are smaller statues of King Bhupatindra Malla and his queen. To the north of the temple is the statue of Vishnu seated on a Garuda. The sculpture dates back to the 9th century and is yet another attraction in the area. Another statue shows Vishnu as Vikrantha/Vamana, the six-armed dwarf who later transformed into a giant. To the side of these images is a small black slab showing a 10-headed and 10-armed Vishnu. The beautifully carved image is around 1500 years old. There are six small temples in Changu Narayan complex. They are Chhinamasta, Kileshwor Mahadev, Taleshwar Shiva Mandir, Kanti Bhairab Mandir, Laxmi Narayan Mandir and Nava Dugar Mandir.