KanchanJunga Base Camp Trek takes us to the land of spectacular views of the Jannu Himalayas range from the Mirgin La. To Visit serene villages on the boarders of Sikkim and Tibet are the stunning landscape of the trek. Kanchenjunga, “Treasure of Snow” (28,198ft). Kanchanjungha was first climbed by a British team in 1956 AD. Here you can advent awe inspiring Himalayan Trekking, and reap the rewards!
We are sure that this high altitude off the beaten Himalayan trek will leave an impact on you forever. Kanchenjunga, although a limited trekking area as per the Nepal Government permit policy, one of the most remote trekking regions which is situated in Eastern Nepal bordering the Indian state of Sikkim. This area houses Snow Leopard, National bird of Nepal, Musk Deer, Blue Sheep and maybe legendary Yeti. This is less travelled remote area comparing the popular Everest and Annapurna Trekking regions of Nepal. KanchanJunga Base Camp Trek adventure starts with a pleasant drive to Taplejung or Suketar.
From here on you will feel in the different world away from the human civilization, walking on a route along a ridge towards the Tamur River, enjoying panoramic views of Makalu (27,825ft) and Chhamlang (24,000ft) peaks. After walking through the forests and rhododendron thickets the Kanchenjunga range dramatically reveals itself. The route continues up the Tamur River through Limbu Villages (where a pot of Tongba can be tasted) to the terraced mountainside village of Amjilassa and the legendary Sherpa village of Ghunsa (11,400ft). The lovely monastery in Ghunsa makes interesting visit before the first glimpse of a massive unclimbed peaks including Jannu (25,289ft), known as “Mystery Peak” or “Terror Peak”, the trail goes on to the edge of the Kanchenjunga Glacier and, after crossing the lateral moraine you will come to the junction of Lhonak Glacier (15,680ft) and the valley beyond it. The campsite at Lhonak can be reached by crossing this junction, an undisturbed stunning landscape.
Trek Services Includes:
- International Arrival and Departure Transfers
- Pre and Post Trek Deluxe Star Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Taplejung and in Suketar
- Domestic Airport transfers
- Private transportation to Taplejung
- Domestic Flight to Bhadrapur and to kathmandu
- Cultural Sightseeing in the world heritage area of kathmandu
- Comprehensive Trekking Map
- Authentic Nepali Welcome Dinner
- All the accommodations and full board meals and hot beverages on the trek
- Camping accommodation with crews, chef, toilet tent, shower tent, kitchen tents, dining, kitchen utensils.(Optional) or partial camping trek
- Kanchanjunga Conservation Area Project Permit
- Our Extensive Knowledgeable Licensed Guide and porter services with porter gears
- Field Staff Insurances
- Private Transportation to/from Trekking put in Point
- Domestic Airport Taxes
- Dawn Jackets, sleeping bag, walking poles, duffel bag, facilities
- Extensive First Aid medical kit
- Quick Rescue supporting services in case of Emergency
- Extra snacks services
- Satellite phone/Communication services in case of Emergency
- Applicable government Taxes
- Trek Services Excludes:
- All the personal expenses like Alcoholic beverages, Bottled drinks etc.
- Medical and Travel Insurances
- International Airfare and taxes
- Visa Fees
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue charges
- Main Meals in Kathmandu
Day 01 Arrive Kathmandu
Arrival briefing and evening dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant where cultural dances are performed. Overnight Hotel in Kathmandu Guest House
Day 02 Half day Cultural sightseeing in Kathmandu.
It includes Monkey Temple, Kmari templ,e Kathamnud durbar square and walking through the colorful old market. Finalize the permits and others. Trek briefing. Free evening in your own. Overnight in Kathmandu Guest House.
Day 03 Fly KTM to Bhadrapur — Drive to Taplejung
Day 04 Trek from Taplejung to Mitlung (921 m) 5-6 hours
Day 05 Trek from Mitlung to Chiruwa (1270 m) 5-6 hours
Day 06 Trek from Chiruwa to Sukathum (1579 m) 5 hours
Day 07 Trek from Sukathum to Amjilosa (2308 m) 6 hours
Day 08 Trek from Amjilosa to Gyabla (2730 m) 5-6 hours
Day 09 Trek from Gyabla to Ghunsa (3595 m) 5-6 hours
Day 10 Acclimatization day
Day 11 Trek from Ghunsa to Khangpachen (4050 m) 7 hours
Day 12 Trek from Khangpachen to Lhonak (4780 m) 7 hours
Day 13 Trek from Lhonak to Kanchenjunga Base Camp (5143 m) 3 hours
Day 14 Trek from KBC to Ghunsa (3595 m) 8 hours
Day 15 Trek from Ghunsa to High Camp (4,100 m) 4 -5 Hours
Day 16 Trek from High Camp to Tseram (3870 m) via Sele -La Pass – 8 hours
Day 17 Trek from Tseram to Ramche (4580 m) 7 – 8 hours
Day 18 Trek from Ramche to Anda Phedi (3390 m) 5 hours
Day 19 Trek from Anda Phedi to Tortong (2995 m) 5 hours
Day 20 Trek from Tortong to Yamphudim (2080 m) 5 — 6 hours
Day 21 Trek from Yamphudim to Khebang (1915 m) 5 -6 hours
Day 22 Trek from Khebang to Khanidingbe
Day 23 Drive Khanidingbe to Birtamod by jeep
Day 24 Morning drive to Bhadrapur airport and flight back to Kathmandu
We drive towards Bhadrapur airport to catch our flight back to the capital city. Enjoying the aerial view of the mountains, we arrive in Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu Guest House. Leisure in the afternoon.
Day 25 Further sightseeing in Bhaktapur or in Patan or Both. You have also option to relax today. Evening Farewell dinner. Overnight in Kathamndu Guest house
Day 26 Departure Transfer
Nepal Trekking offers the best way of experiencing country and its people ‘warts and all’. However it can be very handy if you have brief knowledge about where you are going for a trek. Hence our team has summed up with some very useful information about Nepal Trekking.
Read more: Nepal Trekking Information