The Tsum Valley Trekking is one of the major trekking destinations as it is one of the hidden gems, lies in a remote region of Nepal. The scenery is just stunning, with beautiful forests and countryside, with Ganesh Himal towering above the valley. Tsum comes from the Tibetan word ‘Tsombo’, which means vivid and after visiting Tsum, and the Tibetan Buddhist culture is still very prevalent.
Against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, Boudha Himal ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin & speak their own dialect. The altitude of Tsum Valley trekking varies from 1905m in Lhokpa to over 5093m at Ngula Dhojhyang pass on the Tibatan border. The hidden valley is surrounded by the Boudha Himal and Himal chuli to the west, Ganesh Himal to the south & Sringi Himal to North.
People in Tsum Valley Trekking area still practice polyandry system and they have their own unique culture, tradition & dialect. They celebrate unique festival like Lhosar, Dhacyhang, Saga Dawa, Faning & others. Many residents of this valley report that they have seen or found the signs of Mehti, commonly referred as the ‘Yeti’ or ‘Abominable Snowman’.
The Tsum Valley Trekking trials are strewn with artistic chortens and lined with Mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with drawings of deities and inscribed with prayers. The famous Kyimo Lung, a pilgrimage circuit in the central Trans-Himalaya is a well known seat of learning and a seat of meditation. The circuit traverses across Tsum Valley, Manaslu area in Nepal and southern parts of Tibet. The Buddhist saint Milarepa is believed to have meditated in the caves of these mountains. Due to its remoteness and inaccessibility, this sacred valley and its people have been bypassed by mainstream development for centuries. As a result, the unique culture of this valley has also remained fairly intact. This trek begins from Arughat in Gorkha district, which is easily accessible from Kathmandu.
The Trek Cost Includes:
- All the International Arrival and Departure Transfers
- Pre and Post Trek Deluxe Star Hotel Accomodation in Kathmandu
- Domestic Airport Transfers
- Private transportation to Arughat
- Half Day Guided Cultural Sightseeing
- Comprehensive Trekking Map
- Authentic Nepali Welcome Dinner
- All the accommodation and full board meals and hot beverages on the trek
- Eco Conscious Camping accommodation with crews, chef, toilet tent, shower tent, kitchen tents, dining, kitchen utensils.
- Manaslu Conservation Area Project permit
- Tsum Conservation Area Project Special Permit
- Our Extensive Knowledgeable Licensed Guides and porter services with porter gears
- Field Staff Insurances
- Private Transportation to/from Trekking put in Point
- Domestic Airport Taxes
- Dawn jackets, sleeping bag, walking poles, duffel bag, facilities
- Extensive First Aid medical kit
- Quick Rescue supporting services in case of Emergency
- Extra snacks services
- Satellite phone/Communication services in case of Emergency
- Applicable government Taxes
- Himalayan Eco Trek Team Management
- The Trek cost excludes:
- All the personal expenses like Alcoholic beverages, Bottled drinks etc.
- Medical and Travel Insurances
- International Airfare and taxes
- Visa Fees
- Emergency Helicopter Rescue charges
- Main Meals in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu & transfer to Hotel
World Heritage sightseeing in Kathmandu
Driving from Kathmandu to Arughat(535m-10 hours by bus)
Trek from Arughat to Liding(860m-7km-4 hours walk)
Trek to Machhakhola(930m-9km-5 hours walk)
Trek to Jagat(1410m-11km-6hours walk)
Trek to Lokpa(2040m-10km-5 hours walk)
Trek to Chunling(2363m-7km-3.5 hours walk)
Trek to Chhokangparo(3010m-13km-8 hours walk)
Rest day in Chhokangparo /Site Excursion
Trek to Chhule-Nile(3361m-9km-4.5 hours walk)
Trek to Mu Gompa(3700m-5km-3 hours walk)
Trek to Rachen Gompa(3240m-8km-4.5 hours walk)
Trek to Dumje(2440m-11km-6.5 hours walk)
Trek to Gumba Lungdang(3200m-6.5km-4 hours walk)
Rest day in Gumbu Lungdang
Trek to Ripchet(2468m-9km-5 hours walk)
Trek to Dobhan(1070m-14km-7 hours walk)
Trek to Soti Khola (720m-18km-9 hours walk)
Trek to Arughat(535m-7km- 4 hours walk
End trek drive to Pokhara at Shangrila Village Resort
Leisure in Kathmandu
Nepal Trekking offers the best way of experiencing country and its people ‘warts and all’. However it can be very handy if you have brief knowledge about where you are going for a trek. Hence our team has summed up with some very useful information about Nepal Trekking.