Hardware For all Treks Essential:
- Water Bottle 1 litre min
- Day pack
- Money belt
- Wrap around
- Bag Liners, Stuff and Rubbish Bags;
- Sewing Kit
- Toiletries. Bio-degradable;
- Tissues, plenty! The toilet paper provided isn’t suitable or easily replaced on trek
- Towel. Light weight or pack towel
- Penknife, Swiss Army style
- Batteries. Long life even these have a shorter life at Altitude
- Disposable Lighter
- Personal First Aid Kit.
- Thermarest : Luxury!
- Camera : Crazy not to!
- Diary : To record a once-in –a-lifetime experience
- Games / Books for Evenings
- Umbrella : Great sunshade and for privacy at toilet stops
General : For Trekking in September, October, March, April and May
- Walking Boots : Lightweight, waterproof, with plenty of toe room, well worn in
- Socks : 3 pairs each thick/thin to be worn in combination-boots should be big enough!
- Running / Tennis shoes / Sandals : For evenings and and to relief the feet
- Waterproofs : Thigh length jacket with a hood. (If you don’t want to use provided poncho)
- Pants :Lightweight, loose, long, trouser, short or skirt. Jeans are unsuitable.
- Jackets : Pile/Fleece,and/or SWEATER. Lightweight, Duvet Jackets are provided on request
- Trackpants : For evenings and colder days;
- T-shirts : 2 OR 3
- Shirt : Lightweight, long sleeved, with collar, to protect sensitive areas from the Sun;
- Hats : 1 wool/pile “beanie” with ear flaps. 1 peaked sun hat , “Legionnaire” style;
- Gloves :Wool /pile
- Scarf : Wool /pile
- Underwear : As required
- Swimsuit : Essential for outdoor bathing.
- Snow Gaitars : To keep pants and Boots dry
Trek into the Annapurna Base Camp in March to May specially.
Winter : For Trekking in November, December, Janaury and February
- Running / Tennis Shoes / Sandals
- Swimsuit as for general treks,
But add / adjust as follows:
- Socks : 4 pairs or both thick and thin,and an extra pair for bed socks;
- Waterproof : Over pants with side zips,to fit over boots;
- Woollen Sweater : 1 heavy weight or, preferably,2 lightweight
- Trackpants : 2-Preferably, 1 heavy track pants and 1 wool/pile trousers;
- Gloves : Wool, /pile,silk or thermal glove liners;
- Thermal Underwear : Long medium/heavyweight tops and trousers;
- Snow Gaitars : To keep pants and boots dry